1.14.2011

Mind Is Blown

I want to get more detailed here in my thank you's.
I had an amazing time on the East Coast. I flew out there only knowing one person and made many friends. I really want to thank Sunny of Hate5Six for all the help. I got to see how dedicated he is to his to hardcore and he deserves a lot of respect for what he does. I went to all 3 shows (2 in NY and 1 in Philly) [thanks to Hate5Six again]. I thank my friends for taking me to those yummy vegan restaurants. I thank those who offered me a place to stay if anything happened.
The great thing was how on the first day a bunch of us went to eat and everyone at the table just met at the show. It was just wonderful to see friendships being forged because of this band. I was also extremely flattered when some people have told me they've seen this blog, especially Vic DiCara.
 I never thought I would have the chance to see 108 after they broke up. This was whole adventure was much more than a hardcore show for me. I found myself enjoying the show than getting on stage and filming the set. Also with hate5six he was singing the whole time at all 3 shows. I noticed how some of the kids that would take pictures or film dropped their gear to just sing along to the lyrics. I want to make a post on Chris Z and Amy for the pictures they have taken. Thanks to Brian, Amy, and Paul for offering me a place to stay. Meeting Steven and Chris was awesome ! I hope to make a trip to Chicago and experience the scene out there. [btw Steven is making a documentary on the Chicago HC scene].

THANKS FOR THE LOOKING LIKE AN INDIAN JOKES. (I'm still not over it haha)

 Even after the show I'm grateful to have had a place to stay in Brooklyn. I never thought I would get to see an amazing place like that. It was like a loft with a treehouse built inside [thats my perspective of it]. I felt all the art around me. I want to thank Chris B. and Alex M. for letting me stay there when I had no other place to go. While there I met two people from North Carolina and they were kind to let me join them. I hope to visit that state one day also.

...and now I'm finally home from all that experience. Deep inside me I feel like I grew up a bit and learned something. The funny thing is that on the date of the first show 1/08, my birthday was a month from that date. So I considered the trip as a birthday gift as well.

I hope to go on another adventure again when they do their South American tour. So Chile watch out : )

No comments:

Post a Comment