1.30.2013

Chicago Hardcore Documentary: No Delusions


Hardcore bands from the Midwest are generally overlooked by the rest of the world. Regardless, Chicago has a strong scene that has consistently chosen to do do its own thing instead of mimicking what is popular elsewhere. Chicago bands traditionally make honest music without any notion that they will be the next breakout band.

NO DELUSIONS examines the past 20 years of Chicago hardcore punk with an emphasis on how it has evolved into scene it is today.

Full trailer coming Spring 2013

Background music is "On the Fringe" by BOILING OVER

I met Steven C. in NY at a 108 show 2009-2012 (not sure). I knew he had a documentary in the works but I did not know it was 20 years in the making. I'm impressed and can not wait to get a chance to see it for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment